- Use tampons over sanitary napkins
- Use unscented accessories
- Pack it in, pack it out, freezer zip-loc bags and double up the bag
- Hoist with all other food/garbage that you want to keep away from critters
- Sanitizing hand gel, it's very important to keep as clean as possible while dealing with sensitive areas
You shouldn't bury the used accessories because animals could smell the blood and try to dig them up. Some burn their tampons. If this is something you decide to do remember that a very hot fire is needed, and a good bit of time to completely destroy them. You'll need to pack out the remains.
In the case of the myth that bears will be drawn to menstruating women, I have found this to be MYTH.
Several studies have been done and the results show that bears are NOT attracted to menstruating women any more than another person. For more information please visit www.nps.gov.
My fellow adventurous women, please go into the wild with ease knowing that our monthly friend does not have to put a damper on anything that we love to do. All we need is to be prepared for the journey.